[SOLVED] Can i safely play on Intel graphics ?

Sandrika

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
So guys i recently lost my gpu and i just need time to buy new one , just asking if i play like MMORG game like leagueoflegends,will it reduce my system performance time to time before i get my new GPU ? ? ?
And yes also wanna know will RX 580 will be compatible to my cpu or maybe u suggest something else.

My Spec
i3 7100
8GB ram
intel hd 630.
Thermaltake 530 80Bronze+
500GB HDD

Solution
There's no problem with playing with the iGPU. Anyway, the 580 is too powerful for that processor, it will bottleneck your graphics card on current games (not with low-specs games like LOL). But you can always improve your CPU in the future.

Phazoner

Distinguished
There's no problem with playing with the iGPU. Anyway, the 580 is too powerful for that processor, it will bottleneck your graphics card on current games (not with low-specs games like LOL). But you can always improve your CPU in the future.

Reactions: Sandrika
Solution
What you mean by reduce your system performance time to time? I mean, the integrated graphics are way weaker than dedicated graphics, so you'll immediatelly feel the FPS loss, though I don't know how 'heavy' is league of legends is, I don't think its as heavy as latest fps games and such so i think your integrated graphics will handle the situation until you get your new card which yes, it will be compatible with your cpu, I mean, what matters for graphics card is the slot you're installing it on, wich is usually a PCI-E 16x or less, and by less i mean, a smaller graphics will run on a x16 pci-e slot even if its physically smaller than it. And its also not cpu reliant, i mean, if you add a too 'powerful' graphics card it will bottleneck your cpu but it will run nonetheless.

The igpu is going to feel terrible, but lower the settings and resolution to get by.

The 580 is not too powerful for your CPU, they are a smart match. There is no point in buying a lesser gpu unless the price is right. The 570 and 1050ti are both decent cards but the 580 is cheap and powerful.

Huge online shooters may tax your CPU a bit, but the high frequency of that processor is adequate for that gpu.

More ram couldn't hurt you.

Sandrika

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017