Question Can I safely plug this gpu into this psu?

Ralston18

Titan
Modular PSU?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

The starting point is to check the respective User Guides and Manuals for the Motherboard, GPU, and PSU.

Is there something about the installation instructions that seems to incorrect or is otherwise confusing?

Some mismatch in the connectors for example.

Are you using connectors from some other PSU - that should not be done.

More information needed.

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Modular PSU?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

The starting point is to check the respective User Guides and Manuals for the Motherboard, GPU, and PSU.

Is there something about the installation instructions that seems to incorrect or is otherwise confusing?

Some mismatch in the connectors for example.

Are you using connectors from some other PSU - that should not be done.

More information needed.
No like as in will the psu explode when I'll plug the gpu in it. Is it safe for use for a that power hungry gpu.

Ralston18

Titan
If you do not know what the proper connections should be then anything could happen.

The end result could be a fried PSU, fried, GPU, fried motherboard, fried everything.

Unsafe.

Details matter.

And I recognize that the current question seems more about the PSU's ability to support the GPU's wattage requirements.

Nvidia recommends a 650 watt PSU and the PSU must be of good quality.

Reference (for example):

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/rkhhzj/which_psu_for_ryzen_5_55600x_rtx_3060_ti/

However, remember that the PSU must support the entire build.

FYI:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Use 2 or 3 of the suggested calculators to determine the power requirements for the build in question.

Also do your own manual calculations. If a component has a range of wattages then use the high end value of the range.

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Your not giving enough information. What is the model number of the PSU, what are all the rest of the parts used, How old is the power supply.
In general it should work but without a lot more information (remember your at your PC not me) I'm not saying either way.
ADX 850 WATT 80+ certified gold, its a year old and I have a 5600x. Will the psu be good enough?