Question Can I save my 1070ti ?

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
Hello,

My new GTX 1070 ti's fans stopped working, first the screen went green and I restarted the PC I switched the HDMI to the motherboard to be sure that if the problem is from the GPU. Then I switched the HDMI to the GPU again, it worked but the fans weren't moving. I knew something has broke in the GPU.

I tried to touch the back plate of the GPU and I got an electric shock ! I knew it's my PSU is the cause of the problem as I lost a 780 classified because of this PSU.

It's a cooler master V650, it worked nice for years then one day I was playing far cry 3 which is a heavy game, then because of maybe drawing a lot of current by the GPU, the PSU overheated and the 12V rail broke. Then after a lot of efforts to fix it, eventually I managed to replace the 12V rail mosfets and the PSU worked! But I didn't know that there still a short somewhere in the PSU and now I'm pretty sure that the PSU isn't %100 working correctly!

I took the GPU out now and I'm working on the motherboard HDMI, but the there still an electric leak on the system over all. So if I touch anything metal on the rig, I would get a small shock.

I'm for sure placing a new PSU and GPU on Amazon, I chose these:
EVGA 700W
GTX 1660 ti

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
well i would recommend buying the psu first and try it with ur 1070 see if it works. maybe its psu that cant deliver enough power and gpu is still alive.
I really have to borrow a PSU before buying this order because I don't want to buy the PSU alone then if the GPU won't work it would take extra time to order the GPU alone with new shipping costs.

WWP

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2013
well i would recommend buying the psu first and try it with ur 1070 see if it works. maybe its psu that cant deliver enough power and gpu is still alive.

Hi I bought a new PSU and the same problem exist !

It's now either the motherboard or the wall mains isn't grounded, because other stuff in my house can give electric shocks.