Question Can i save Windows settings?

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
I want to buy a ssd to make my pc boot faster and work better, i want to reinstall windows 10 on my ssd (now i have it on my HDD).
Can i somehow save the windows 10 settings i made? the regedit ones/mouse/control panel/firewall and other settings. Only the settings, the programs can be deleted.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
I want to buy a ssd to make my pc boot faster and work better, i want to reinstall windows 10 on my ssd (now i have it on my HDD).
Can i somehow save the windows 10 settings i made? the regedit ones/mouse/control panel/firewall and other settings. Only the settings, the programs can be deleted.
I am not sure if this is going to be simple, it is possible to make backups of the registry and then move them onto the new Windows machine but this sometimes causes some trouble.

Why don't you move your Windows from HDD to SDD. This can be done if the conditions are right.

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
I am not sure if this is going to be simple, it is possible to make backups of the registry and then move them onto the new Windows machine but this sometimes causes some trouble.

Why don't you move your Windows from HDD to SDD. This can be done if the conditions are right.
so i can move the C windows partition from my hdd to ssd without having to reinstalling windows 10? Give me a yt tutorial please

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
so i can move the C windows partition from my hdd to ssd without having to reinstalling windows 10? Give me a yt tutorial please
Yes you absolutely can, without losing anything, even a bit, let alone programs and settings.
But first tell me the size of your new SSD and your C driver partition (and how much of it is full at the moment) and your HDD size.