Can I select a Drive to install windows on?

PCXBGamer

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi, my computer has had a lot of blue screens of death, random freezes and such. I want to see if my hard drive is the hardware that is failing. I have another hard drive that I would like to install windows on however creating a boot USB drive doesn't seem to work. When I put the USB in and start the computer it either freezes on the Bios screen where you are told to press f12 for the boot menu. The boot menu doesn't react to my button press though. When that doesn't happen I get to the part where I choose a device to boot from and then it freezes on the blue windows logo and doesn't go any further. So my question is; can I do a clean install and select a hard drive to install to. I want it this way because I want to keep all my files that are on my current hard drive. Hopefully I explained it well enough, if you want me to clear it up just ask. Thanks in advance

PCXBGamer

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah I only had one hard drive connected, does it have to be completely wiped to be able to install windows?

PCXBGamer

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016

Also iv'e been thinking about a solution. I went to settings and then clicked Recovery. This is where the computer allows you to clean install windows. If i click reset this PC, will it allow me to select a drive that is clean?

USAFRet

Titan

No, I don't think that will allow you to select a specific drive.