Terri Sprague
www.tlsprague.com

"tsprague" wrote in message ...
> Can I just delete a snap-in?
> --
> Terri Sprague
> www.tlsprague.com

Could be be a little more specific?
Do you mean remove a snap-in from a saved console? Yes (assuming you have
author priveleges).
Do you mean delete a saved console? Yes (assuming you have rights to where
it's saved).
Do you mean delete the msc file that makes up the snap-in? Yes (assuming
you are an administrator), but NOT recommended.

What are you trying to accomplish???

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

I am running XP Pro on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 PII. There are 2 users on this
computer and we are not connected to a network.

In playing with the settings in MMC I have caused some problems with my
system that I do not know how to correct.

1. I am unable to get Properties on anything in MMC. This also means that I
am unable to configure them.

2. Search does not work. At all.]

3. Help does not work. At all.

4. I cannot create shortcuts on my desktop and move them. They are created
on my desktop wherever I right-click and cannot move them from there. They
are not locked, though.

5. My SO cannot logon to his desktop. The only person who can logon is myself.

6. While I can use a dial-up connection to logon to the internet, I cannot
use IE to surf.

Please, I did some really stupid things in the middle of the night when I
was tired (instead of shutting it down and sleeping until I wasn't) and do
not know how to undo them. I setup the IIS module. I get a network logon now
instead of a local computer logon.

"Bob McCoy [MSFT]" wrote:

> "tsprague" wrote in message ...
> > Can I just delete a snap-in?
> > --
> > Terri Sprague
> > www.tlsprague.com
>
> Could be be a little more specific?
> Do you mean remove a snap-in from a saved console? Yes (assuming you have
> author priveleges).
> Do you mean delete a saved console? Yes (assuming you have rights to where
> it's saved).
> Do you mean delete the msc file that makes up the snap-in? Yes (assuming
> you are an administrator), but NOT recommended.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish???
>
> --
> Bob McCoy
> * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> * Please note I cannot respond to email questions. Please use these
> newsgroups.

Have you tried running System Restore. Go to Start -> All
Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Select
"Restore my computer to an earlier time" and hit Next. Pick a
date on the calendar before all your problems started. I'd leave
this as almost a last resort.

Nepatsfan