Question Can I sit on my bed while building pc if I put it all on a big cardboard box?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I have a bad back and there's no way I'm going to sit at my table while putting this build together; I'm much more comfortable sitting cross-legged. I've got the box from my 43" monitor I can put everything on; think that'll be ok for antistatic control? I mean I may move a bit on the bed but not much. I've done work on my computers before and without precautions never had any problems, but this is a complete build so figured I'd ask?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
That's what I thought, just wanted to be cautious. I have a friend who works on servers and once asked him about wearing those wrist guards and he said never.

coastie65

Splendid
The Last Upgrade I did, included Motherboard, Processor, CPU Cooler, Memory that was new and styed with my Graphics card ( GTX 1080 SC ). Added a 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive for the Boot Drive. Already had two 1 Tb SSDs ad a 1 TB Hdd. I too have a bad back and I set up a card table and sat on the sofa. There were only a couple of times that I stood and bent over.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS