[SOLVED] Can I sit on my bed while building pc if I put it all on a big cardboard box?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I have a bad back and there's no way I'm going to sit at my table while putting this build together; I'm much more comfortable sitting cross-legged. I've got the box from my 43" monitor I can put everything on; think that'll be ok for antistatic control? I mean I may move a bit on the bed but not much. I've done work on my computers before and without precautions never had any problems, but this is a complete build so figured I'd ask?

Solution
For environments like that it might be worth it to pay some extra for an anti static wrist wrap. But even without the chances of static damaging your components are silm when you don't move around too much.
The Last Upgrade I did, included Motherboard, Processor, CPU Cooler, Memory that was new and styed with my Graphics card ( GTX 1080 SC ). Added a 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive for the Boot Drive. Already had two 1 Tb SSDs ad a 1 TB Hdd. I too have a bad back and I set up a card table and sat on the sofa. There were only a couple of times that I stood and bent over.