Can I SLI a GTX650ti Boost 2GB w/ 8500GT 512MB

Solution
No. You must use the same card. You could not use two cards of different architecture. Also the GTX 750 Ti does not support SLI.

I think it would be safe to say that if you want a performance increase from your GPU you are going to need to look harder or be willing to buy a used GTX 650 Ti BOOST - OR - buy a new GPU altogether.
G

no, I don't believe it does...considering the age difference and such...

why do you want to keep the 8500GT? It isn't a good card in any aspect and even if SLI was possible, you wouldn't get any benefit.

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

It is because I still own the 8500GT and I would want to know if it is okay or risky. I know that the best solution would be to pair it with an identical card, but would there be possible with another card of a slightly lower cost or serie that I could hook these two together?

Dom_79

Distinguished
You must use the same card (GTX 650Ti with GTX650Ti or possibly with third party BIOS mods a GTX 660)

Check out this thread and the thread that's linked in it : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248471-33-same-card-crossfire

They won't SLI because the chip architecture and BIOS are too different and even if they did, you'd have a maximum VRAM of 512MB (in SLI and crossfire the VRAM stays the same or is "reduced" to the card with the smaller amount)

thrunthru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Seems that they stop on producing the 600 series and are lining up the 700s. I managed to find a GPUZ screen of the GTX 750 Ti 2GB to compare against my GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB; mine is stronger in all catogories except in the GPUs die size. And mine runs on the Kepler's architecture while the other on the new Maxwell-- reviews says that the new one is practically twice stronger than the non-boost version of the GTX 650 Ti 2GB.

Is it safe to use that brand new GPU in SLI along side with mine?

Dom_79

Distinguished
No. You must use the same card. You could not use two cards of different architecture. Also the GTX 750 Ti does not support SLI.

I think it would be safe to say that if you want a performance increase from your GPU you are going to need to look harder or be willing to buy a used GTX 650 Ti BOOST - OR - buy a new GPU altogether.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS