Can I snip off the molex adapter from Deepcool WindBlade 120 fans?

DKM1129

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
So I recently purchased 5 Deepcool Windlblade 120 fans and Im pretty content with them except for the fact that they have a molex adapter permanently attached to them, now I've noticed that the wires for the molex come straight out of the 3 pin fan connector but in all honesty I'm concerned with just snipping off the molex before getting a second opinion. Please help if anyone has done this to a fan before or to this particular fan please let me know all advice will be greatly appeciated, Thank you.

Solution
I do it all the time when I come across one of those cheaply designed dual connections. They should supply a slightly more expensive 3 pin to Molex adapter instead of that daisy chain affair. Yes, just cut the wires from the Molex loose. I like to stagger the cut so the wire ends are not left close together. Then wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the existing wires and the cut stubs of wire.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I do it all the time when I come across one of those cheaply designed dual connections. They should supply a slightly more expensive 3 pin to Molex adapter instead of that daisy chain affair. Yes, just cut the wires from the Molex loose. I like to stagger the cut so the wire ends are not left close together. Then wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the existing wires and the cut stubs of wire.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS