[SOLVED] Can i solder back a usb type-c on to a PCB?

Sep 17, 2020
The USB port on my ducky one keyboard has been detached from its place on the PCB, I may have done the dumbest thing ever by trying to glue it back but since it didn't work I removed the glue from the PCB with a sharp object. My concern right now is if I have completely damaged the mounting place on the PCB.

Here is an image of the PCB https://ibb.co/gDw0QbJ

Last edited:
Solution
The USB port on my ducky one keyboard has been detached from its place on the PCB, I may have done the dumbest thing ever by trying to glue it back but since it didn't work I removed the glue from the PCB with a sharp object . My concern right now is if I have completely damaged the connector pins by doing so?

I would guess that you don't have the proper tools to work on soldering that detailed. If you wanted to buy a hot air rework station, then, maybe.

kanewolf

Titan
The USB port on my ducky one keyboard has been detached from its place on the PCB, I may have done the dumbest thing ever by trying to glue it back but since it didn't work I removed the glue from the PCB with a sharp object . My concern right now is if I have completely damaged the connector pins by doing so?

I would guess that you don't have the proper tools to work on soldering that detailed. If you wanted to buy a hot air rework station, then, maybe.

Solution

That's a difficult repair.
If you have to ask about it...you can't fix it yourself.

Thats nearly an impossible repair for a person new to soldering. You will need solder, wick, solder flux and a good quality soldering iron.
Also you will need a proper usb C connector of smd mount type.
If you are new to soldering then get it repaired froma local tv repair store. They can repair it. Get the proper connector from ebay and get it to them for repair, also if there are any Phone repair stores you can ask them.

Sep 17, 2020
Thats nearly an impossible repair for a person new to soldering. You will need solder, wick, solder flux and a good quality soldering iron.
Also you will need a proper usb C connector of smd mount type.
If you are new to soldering then get it repaired froma local tv repair store. They can repair it. Get the proper connector from ebay and get it to them for repair, also if there are any Phone repair stores you can ask them.

I appreciate the help, I'll do that and see how it goes. Sad thing is, It's not even close to 6 months old. Hopefully, it can be fixed.

D

Deleted member 14196

Seems like horrible quality from Ducky. Why waste money on expensive stuff that can't take it?

I would cut losses and get a good keyboard, and not the most expensive one either.

USAFRet

Titan
Havent tested if the keys are functioning. But when i lined the connecters with the PCB the keyboard lit up.
Well, that would be a MAJOR test.

This was the USB cable from the keyboard to the PC?
If so...your ONLY hope is getting a skilled repair person to maybe fix it.

However, the introduction of "glue" on it significantly increases the work needed. And therefore, the cost.

Sep 17, 2020
Well, that would be a MAJOR test.

This was the USB cable from the keyboard to the PC?
If so...your ONLY hope is getting a skilled repair person to maybe fix it.

However, the introduction of "glue" on it significantly increases the work needed. And therefore, the cost.
Yeah with the usb c connector. I thought so as well. Even worse, was trying to remove the glue after.

Sep 17, 2020
Seems like horrible quality from Ducky. Why waste money on expensive stuff that can't take it?

I would cut losses and get a good keyboard, and not the most expensive one either.
I'm just unlucky someone did a terrible job soldering that I guess. cause I don't recall ever doing anything that may have caused the connector to just fall off.