[SOLVED] Can i somehow connect 3 monitors to my Laptop

May 14, 2020
Hi,
First of, I'm well aware that my Laptop (GTX 980m) might not be able to handle all of this right now. I will upgrade to a proper PC at the end of this year but I need to wait until the end of the year to get a significant discount on the PC, so upgrading now is not an option. Instead I plan to upgrade to a 3 Monitor Setup for gaming and music production/office work.
The monitor I want to buy 3 times is the AOC CQ32G1 (I've done some research but if this is a bad choice/there are better options for a similar price please correct me). It has 1x HDMI1.4, 1x HDMI 2 and 1x Displayport 1.2. Resolution is QHD (2560x1440) at 144hz. My laptop has 1x HDMI, 1x Thunderbolt/Minidisplayport and 1x VGA. Is there a way to split the Thunderbolt or a USB 3.0 into multiple Displayports to connect all Displays at QHD 144hz or is it just not possible? I'm willing to buy a docking station or anything that could help.

Thanks for your help!
Max

Solution
You can use a DisplayPort MST hub to connect two monitors to the DP output, but it will only support two 1440p monitors at 60 Hz simultaneously. The HDMI port will also only support 1440p at 60 Hz.