[SOLVED] Can i still update Internet Explorer from 7 to 9?

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
Im running Vista64 I have tried and went to many links i finally ran into an installer that says i need a update before installing 9 and then the update page says it doesnt support anymore. From what ive been reading alot of my issues downloading and installing software has something to do with not having Internet Explorer 9.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
i found that i need an update from Microsoft(that wasnt easy to find) to install Internet Explorer 9 but i finally did install it!
If i rememeber correctly it was .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.0.3
All i remember for sure is when I tried to install Internet Explorer 9 it tld me i needed the update and it cancelled the installation.
I had to track the update down and download it from a offline download.
I found it by typing into google search the update #'s and or number letter combination and looked for an offline download.

I think its strange i didnt have Internet Explorer 9 after installing SP2 but whatever.

I didnt look on StarForce Support but im going to look it over when i have more time thanks again white.a.drew.
Im running Vista64 I have tried and went to many links i finally ran into an installer that says i need a update before installing 9 and then the update page says it doesnt support anymore. From what ive been reading alot of my issues downloading and installing software has something to do with not having Internet Explorer 9.
Yes and no there are work around to using windows Vista still.... However it involves installing patch works from third party so basically to fake the system out and think its running a vs it's not

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
If I remember correctly there should be a patch and walk through here.

I believe this is where I used to get my patches for Vista
thank you very much ill look the site over tonight.
i cant even download Adobe Flash player anymore i looked everywhere and they stopped supporting it cant download it from anywhere

Last edited:

turkeypets

Prominent
Sep 5, 2022
i found that i need an update from Microsoft(that wasnt easy to find) to install Internet Explorer 9 but i finally did install it!
If i rememeber correctly it was .NET Framework 4 or .NET Framework 4.0.3
All i remember for sure is when I tried to install Internet Explorer 9 it tld me i needed the update and it cancelled the installation.
I had to track the update down and download it from a offline download.
I found it by typing into google search the update #'s and or number letter combination and looked for an offline download.

I think its strange i didnt have Internet Explorer 9 after installing SP2 but whatever.

I didnt look on StarForce Support but im going to look it over when i have more time thanks again white.a.drew.

Solution