Can i still use my Windows 7 OS on my NEW Motherboard?

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
i bought a motherboard, and i want to use my Windows 7 Ult x64 OS on my hard drive.
if not can i do something about it? like some guy i talked to says something about UEFI or something like that i have no idea about it, im new to PC stuff.
guys pls help me i dont have budget anymore cause i just bought a motheboard.
i want to use my OS so i can play my movies my games and other do other stuff .

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

MSI 990FX gaming

OEM i guess my friend installed it with his Disc a year ago, i still know him if u want me to ask something about the OS.

bignastyid

Titan
If it's a retail copy it can be moved to a new system(motherboard), if it's an OEM copy it is technically tied to the motherboard and can't be moved. The COa sticker with the product key on should say Retail, OEM or OA. Without that you'd need to check the key with Microsoft to see what version it is.

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

my friend build and installed my PC. it was last year. i think he used a crack version of Windows 7 Ult, he's the friend when me and my friends have computer situations.

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

oh well, i didnt know about PC stuff like a year ago so i dont have any idea what he was using when he's building my computer,when i said i want a gaming computer, he said he'll build my computer so i bought all the parts he suggested for my gaming PC. i didnt know he would use that, still not sure if its crack or legit though. thanks anyway