Can I still use SLI

Marquesis

Honorable
Jun 13, 2016
Just bought a Gigabyte GTX 660 - 2GB video card cheap and was wondering if I were to buy a Asus GTX 660 - 2GB or an MSI gtx 660 - 2GB could I SLI either of those cards with my Gigabyte card or would I have to buy a actual (duplicate) Gigabyte GTX 660 to be able to SLI them?
I know this is probably a foolish question but better safe than sorry ... Thanks for reading and eagerly await your comments.

As long as they are the same Nvidia GPU (GTX 660) you can SLI them, doesn't matter if they are different brands like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc. Your motherboard must support SLI as well.

And just in case no one tells you, SLI'ing older cards isn't a good idea. It's almost always a better idea to get a single better card. Not all games run well with multi-GPUs and when they do it's still not as fast as a single better card. .

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
SLI is still possible, I recently bought a second 4GB GTX 770, but it's not really worth it even if you do have at least a quality 700W power supply or more, and an extra SLI bridge on hand. To answer your other question yes you can use different brands of GTX 660 as long as they are both 2GB cards. Although SLI is probably not worth it as modern games usually don't support it without a lot of massaging, and those newer games that do support it like GTA V, are going to want more than 2GB of VRAM even at 1080P with the power of two GTX 660s leaving you with not a graphics processing limit, but a VRAM bottleneck.

TRENDING THREADS