[SOLVED] Can i still use Usb 2.0 if my usb 3.0 header is broken?

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
Solution
They will light up as the power mostly comes from the SATA, the USB connection is just so you can control the light colors via software. You should plug in the fan USB connection first, set your colors then unplug the USB connection and use it for whatever other purpose you needed it for. Your fans should still get power to the lights via SATA.
They will light up as the power mostly comes from the SATA, the USB connection is just so you can control the light colors via software. You should plug in the fan USB connection first, set your colors then unplug the USB connection and use it for whatever other purpose you needed it for. Your fans should still get power to the lights via SATA.

Solution

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
So if i'm understanding correctly,i can use the rgb on the fans but i will not be able to use icue?