[SOLVED] Is this system good for streaming?

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
So i bought a 2070s but i dont have enough money to get a good build for it, so im in the budget of either 10400f or r5 3600 pc
I know that there is about 15% bottlneck in this system (acording to https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/intel-core-i5-10400f/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super )
But i will be using the 2070s's encoder for streaming while playing (siege,1080p,144hz,comp settings)

So the question is:
-Can this pc stream with a nice quality with 144fps guaranteed on the settings i mentioned ?

-Would the gpu take advantage of that headroom for streaming ? which could help obs taking away less fps of my game

-is buying 2070s for 700$ in this market crises worth it

Solution
So i bought a 2070s but i dont have enough money to get a good build for it, so im in the budget of either 10400f or r5 3600 pc
I know that there is about 15% bottlneck in this system (acording to https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/intel-core-i5-10400f/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super ) You know nothing actually, bottleneck calculators are an illussion. In fact the word bottleneck is stupid. A CPU can limit the performance of a GPU, a GPU may not be good enough for what a CPU can handle, RAM is not enough for this or that game, etc. Every single PC in existance would have a component that will "bottleneck" the system, theres no such thing as a perfect PC. What you should do is try hard to keep it balance as time...
I know that there is about 15% bottlneck in this system (acording to https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/intel-core-i5-10400f/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super ) You know nothing actually, bottleneck calculators are an illussion. In fact the word bottleneck is stupid. A CPU can limit the performance of a GPU, a GPU may not be good enough for what a CPU can handle, RAM is not enough for this or that game, etc. Every single PC in existance would have a component that will "bottleneck" the system, theres no such thing as a perfect PC. What you should do is try hard to keep it balance as time goes by.
But i will be using the 2070s's encoder for streaming while playing (siege,1080p,144hz,comp settings)

So the question is:
-Can this pc stream with a nice quality with 144fps guaranteed on the settings i mentioned ?
How can anyone know?, How much RAM are you going to use and will it be in dual channel?, Are you playing only that game for the whole time you use the PC?, Never going to try or stream any other game?, Are you going to stream only MP, or will there be SP too?, Whats the PSU?, Whats the CPU cooler?, Whats yourISP speed, is it good and constant?
In fact even knowing all this and more its pretty hard to tell whats going to happend when you press the power buttong and try to stream game X. Games change with time, they don't stay the same, they get updates, they evolve.

-Would the gpu take advantage of that headroom for streaming ? which could help obs taking away less fps of my game
Sorry Im pretty lost with this question. The RTX 2070S have build in hardware for streaming, that should help a lot to the game and stream performance, thats all I would care. Of course having a decent CPU with enough RAM and probably a decent SSD would help too.

You bought already so why torturing with this question?

To answer your first comment (open the quote up there for more info), if I was in your place I would pick either. Get the one thats its cheaper when you add the whole platform (+ motherboard + RAM).
Any of those CPUs paired with DDR4 3200 RAM in dual channel perform basically the same. Some games may do better with the 10400f, others with the R5 3600, but the difference will be really small.

Main problem is that not every motherboard out there can run DDR4 3200 on the i5 10400, far as I remember only the ones with the "Z" can do it. Or you can go with the i5 11400/F which should be abel to get DDR4 3200 with a budget yet decent B560 mobo.

RAM in Dual channel, you want this. A decent case to keep temps down is always belcome too.

Reactions: Classy666
Solution

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
To answer your first comment (open the quote up there for more info), if I was in your place I would pick either. Get the one thats its cheaper when you add the whole platform (+ motherboard + RAM).
Any of those CPUs paired with DDR4 3200 RAM in dual channel perform basically the same. Some games may do better with the 10400f, others with the R5 3600, but the difference will be really small.

Main problem is that not every motherboard out there can run DDR4 3200 on the i5 10400, far as I remember only the ones with the "Z" can do it. Or you can go with the i5 11400/F which should be abel to get DDR4 3200 with a budget yet decent B560 mobo.

RAM in Dual channel, you want this. A decent case to keep temps down is always belcome too.

Thank you for all of this informative answers man
But is 3200mhz necessary for streaming 10400f ?cuz the z mobo is too expensive
Siege takes up to 8gb ram gaming , how much can obs take?
Would 16gb be enough? Cuz i cant afford 32 x(

And yes i will be using dual channel

Thank you for all of this informative answers man
But is 3200mhz necessary for streaming 10400f ?cuz the z mobo is too expensive
Siege takes up to 8gb ram gaming , how much can obs take?
Would 16gb be enough? Cuz i cant afford 32 x(

And yes i will be using dual channel

16GB is enough.

As for DDR4 3200 with a 10400f is what one should aim to make it perform as good as the R5 3600, then again even with slow RAM the diference between this two in most games is still small.

I know that there is about 15% bottlneck in this system (acording to https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu/intel-core-i5-10400f/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super )

So the question is:

Nobody, not even the manufacturers can "guarantee" you get 144fps in ANY given title. Theres so many things that come into play from hardware setups in general down to simple differences in software from 1 pc to the next.

With that said, I dont think you will have much of an issue maintaining 144fps in most FPS shooters. In Apex you will probably have frame drops down to 90-100 fps at times, but this is a big open world FPS and these types of games are more CPU bound than GPU. For instance, I have a 2060 super with a 3800x but even the 3800x is just not 100% up to keeping a stable 144fps throughout the entire time of playing the game. So Battle Royale games may be where you see more of a dip in performance than say, Arena mode in Apex (just for example) or a normal arena map on COD (for example).

Lastly, whether its "worth it" is all in your eyes. Your childhood blanket has 0$ value to me, but could be PRICELESS to you.. If you feel the 700$ is worth it to have the gpu and the performance it gives, then yes its worth it.

From my point of view, I wouldnt, but I have a 2060 super with a factory OC, plus my own OC on top of it so I basically have a 2070 as is so it wouldnt be "worth it" to me. From a financial standpoint, its 200$ more than retail, which isnt the worst I have seen lately for 2070's. So if you have the extra cash and are willing to pay for it, sure then it would be worth it to do so.

But I would look into the 2060 super factory OC. You save 100-150 bucks and you throw your own OC on top of it and now you have a more streamline build.

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Nobody, not even the manufacturers can "guarantee" you get 144fps in ANY given title. Theres so many things that come into play from hardware setups in general down to simple differences in software from 1 pc to the next.

With that said, I dont think you will have much of an issue maintaining 144fps in most FPS shooters. In Apex you will probably have frame drops down to 90-100 fps at times, but this is a big open world FPS and these types of games are more CPU bound than GPU. For instance, I have a 2060 super with a 3800x but even the 3800x is just not 100% up to keeping a stable 144fps throughout the entire time of playing the game. So Battle Royale games may be where you see more of a dip in performance than say, Arena mode in Apex (just for example) or a normal arena map on COD (for example).

Lastly, whether its "worth it" is all in your eyes. Your childhood blanket has 0$ value to me, but could be PRICELESS to you.. If you feel the 700$ is worth it to have the gpu and the performance it gives, then yes its worth it.

From my point of view, I wouldnt, but I have a 2060 super with a factory OC, plus my own OC on top of it so I basically have a 2070 as is so it wouldnt be "worth it" to me. From a financial standpoint, its 200$ more than retail, which isnt the worst I have seen lately for 2070's. So if you have the extra cash and are willing to pay for it, sure then it would be worth it to do so.

But I would look into the 2060 super factory OC. You save 100-150 bucks and you throw your own OC on top of it and now you have a more streamline build.

Thank you for the answer
Well jason its different in my country, here there is 1 rule that says ' if u find a gpu = buy it '
A 3060 costs 800$
A 2070s only 680$ with 20%+ performance

Btw i only play siege, the youtube bench shows that i would get 200-300fps guaranteed on comp settings , so i hope that i can stream with 144+

And yes its a pain in the ass to pay 700$ on a gpu that sould cost 400$, but good thing is that i can sell the pc with 90% of its price value in my country anytime, so i dont regret anything

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
R5 3600
Rtx 2070super
8x2 3200mhz
B450m a pro max
600w

I wanna stream rainbow6 1080p 144fps guaranteed, (NVNC) is that possible?

Obs 6000 bitrate 1080p,60fps (gpu NVNC)
Or do u think i should go with 720p,60

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
R5 3600
Rtx 2070super
8x2 3200mhz
B450m a pro max
600w

I wanna stream rainbow6 1080p 144fps guaranteed, (NVNC) is that possible?

Obs 6000 bitrate 1080p,60fps (gpu NVNC)
Or do u think i should go with 720p,60
Nothing is guaranteed.
Making more post on the same thing just makes it worse.

Thank you for the answer
Well jason its different in my country, here there is 1 rule that says ' if u find a gpu = buy it '
A 3060 costs 800$
A 2070s only 680$ with 20%+ performance

Btw i only play siege, the youtube bench shows that i would get 200-300fps guaranteed on comp settings , so i hope that i can stream with 144+

And yes its a pain in the ass to pay 700$ on a gpu that sould cost 400$, but good thing is that i can sell the pc with 90% of its price value in my country anytime, so i dont regret anything

Never go 100% off Youtube videos to base your performance off of. Half of the videos are lying, some are exaggerated, and the rest are not in any way saying your guarenteed to get the same result.

I think it will work fine for streaming at the settings you want, just dont be surprised if u drop below 144 at times.

And I would still try to get a 2060 super factory OC to save cash. The CPU is bottlenecking the 2070 anyways so you will be running at a stock 2060 supers performance ANYWAYS

Classy666

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Never go 100% off Youtube videos to base your performance off of. Half of the videos are lying, some are exaggerated, and the rest are not in any way saying your guarenteed to get the same result.

I think it will work fine for streaming at the settings you want, just dont be surprised if u drop below 144 at times.

And I would still try to get a 2060 super factory OC to save cash. The CPU is bottlenecking the 2070 anyways so you will be running at a stock 2060 supers performance ANYWAYS

hey josh , so i managed to get the gpu usage to 98% + in game all the time , so where is the bottlneck , or is the in game gpu usage has nothing to do with the bottlneck?
please explain

hey josh , so i managed to get the gpu usage to 98% + in game all the time , so where is the bottlneck , or is the in game gpu usage has nothing to do with the bottlneck?
please explain

Usage dont matter. The gpu can only render as many frames as the cpu feeds it. The bottleneck is in the cpu, as it cannot provide as many frames, on a consistent basis, as the 2070 can create. You will see "skips" and fps drops more often than if you had a better cpu that can feed more frames to the 2070.