[SOLVED] Can i swap the wifi card on Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
I bought a wifi 6E router and want to install the new Intel AX210 wifi card to get access to the Wifi 6Ghz band but the VIII Hero is only Wifi 6 AX200.
Can i swap the internal wifi card on the board or do i have to use a pcie card or a m.2 slot?

WIFI chip doesn't appear to be easily accessible/removable.
It is well hidden under heatsink and enclosed in metal protective enclosure (ASUS Wi-Fi written on it).
Might not be replaceable.

26.jpg

https://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_x570_crosshair_viii_hero_wifi/2.htm

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022
Actually, I think you can remove the covering and replace the wifi chip fairly easily. If you look at the illustration you see the treads on the rear of the wifi? I think once you remove that screw there is a vertically mounted M2 type E connector which houses the intel wifi 6 ax200. I haven't seen an x570 mobo yet that doesn't have the wifi chip mounted in a way which cant be replaced.

USAFRet

Titan
Actually, I think you can remove the covering and replace the wifi chip fairly easily. If you look at the illustration you see the treads on the rear of the wifi? I think once you remove that screw there is a vertically mounted M2 type E connector which houses the intel wifi 6 ax200. I haven't seen an x570 mobo yet that doesn't have the wifi chip mounted in a way which cant be replaced.
This is a year old thread.
Hopefully the OP is not still messing with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.