[SOLVED] Can I Switch Components from my prebuilt Pc to a new case?

Jul 15, 2020
I have an HP omen and I want to move it into a new case. I want to replace the graphics card, mother board, and power supply. I was wondering if I bought those new components and kept my hard drive ,ram , and core i5 would it save my Windows info and all my games and files on my pc when it is all switched over to a new case with the new power supply, motherboard , and graphics card. Also would it be hard because I am 16 and never built my own pc.

Solution
This is what I found on their website it says the motherboard is an Odense-2-K and this was below it
  • Form factor: uATX: 24x24 cm (9.4x9.4 in)
  • Chipset: H170
  • Memory sockets: 2 x DDR4
  • Processor socket: LGA 1151
"I have an HP omen and I want to move it into a new case. I want to replace the graphics card, mother board, and power supply. "

So...new everything except the physical drive(s), CPU, RAM.
Your OS on the drive will almost certainly need a fresh OS install.
Coming from an HP, it will also almost certainly need a new OS license. $100...:(

A better way forward might be to sell the HP in its current working config, and build something new.
Jul 15, 2020
This is what I found on their website it says the motherboard is an Odense-2-K and this was below it

USAFRet

Titan
"I have an HP omen and I want to move it into a new case. I want to replace the graphics card, mother board, and power supply. "

So...new everything except the physical drive(s), CPU, RAM.
Your OS on the drive will almost certainly need a fresh OS install.
Coming from an HP, it will also almost certainly need a new OS license. $100...:(

A better way forward might be to sell the HP in its current working config, and build something new.

Solution