[SOLVED] Can I switch my Windows 10 SSD to another computer?

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
I'm going to build a new computer. Ny old computer has an Intel MOBO and CPU. The new one is going to be a AMD CPU and a ASUS MOBO. Can I take the SSD with Windows 10 Pro on it and just switch it to the new computer to avoid having to put everything back on and so I dont have to install Windows on another SSD because I had to clone the one on the SSD from a HDD because Windows wouldn't install to the SSD.

Solution
I'm going to build a new computer. Ny old computer has an Intel MOBO and CPU. The new one is going to be a AMD CPU and a ASUS MOBO. Can I take the SSD with Windows 10 Pro on it and just switch it to the new computer to avoid having to put everything back on and so I dont have to install Windows on another SSD because I had to clone the one on the SSD from a HDD because Windows wouldn't install to the SSD.
"Ny old computer has an Intel MOBO and CPU. The new one is going to be a AMD CPU and a ASUS MOBO."

Unlikely.
A fresh install is strongly recommended, usually required.

USAFRet

Titan
"Ny old computer has an Intel MOBO and CPU. The new one is going to be a AMD CPU and a ASUS MOBO."

Unlikely.
A fresh install is strongly recommended, usually required.

Solution