[SOLVED] Can I transfer a Dell 790 motherboard in to a Dell 9010 SFF case?

Jan 27, 2021
I have Dell 9010 SFF case with power supply, but my motherboard is damaged/not working. I am getting cheap Dell 790 (ka0120) motherboard so Can I put Dell 790 motherboard into Dell 9010 SFF case? If yes what things i need to consider. Thanks

Solution
You might actually get away with that. All the major components are in the same places.

However, the rear I/O is not going to match, so that might mean cutting out the back of the case. Front panel connectors might not be compatible, but you can bypass those if you have to and wire a power switch to the power supply's standby power and ground.

Chassis are cheap, pick up a $30 case new, or find an ATX case someone is selling locally. They often aren't worth the price to ship privately. Hit up some thrift stores and see what is around as well.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You might actually get away with that. All the major components are in the same places.

However, the rear I/O is not going to match, so that might mean cutting out the back of the case. Front panel connectors might not be compatible, but you can bypass those if you have to and wire a power switch to the power supply's standby power and ground.

Chassis are cheap, pick up a $30 case new, or find an ATX case someone is selling locally. They often aren't worth the price to ship privately. Hit up some thrift stores and see what is around as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS