[SOLVED] Can I trust an IPS panel which has 1ms response time?

Jan 9, 2021
I'm planning to buy a gaming monitor. As far as I know the refresh rate is correlated with fps that I get, if so then I'm okay with min 75hz.

Other than that my biggest concern is whenever I search for ips panels, which I really love, people talk about slow response time but sometimes I see ips monitors that have 1ms as well so I'm a bit confused. Anyone experienced any problems or downsides with 1ms ips panels? What should I do? Thank you for your answers in advance.

Solution
1ms is, well, peak and is never replicated irl.

Even TN panels are between 2-4 average.
With stuff like backlight strobing, on IPS panels you can get close to around 5-6.
More than enough for 60-75 hz, and actually enough for 120hz or so.

IPS panels are slow, but they are still more than fast enough with no fancy technologies for close to 60hz.
1ms is, well, peak and is never replicated irl.

Even TN panels are between 2-4 average.
With stuff like backlight strobing, on IPS panels you can get close to around 5-6.
More than enough for 60-75 hz, and actually enough for 120hz or so.

IPS panels are slow, but they are still more than fast enough with no fancy technologies for close to 60hz.

Reactions: ozlevin
Solution

Endre

Reputable
IPS displays are actually the best besides OLED & QLED which are rarities.
By “the best” I mean color reproduction and viewing angles, giving you those crisp beautiful images (especially if the resolution is 4K, or at least 2K).

About refresh rate: the higher it is, the better it is (120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, etc.)

Reactions: ozlevin
Jan 9, 2021
I actually want an IPS monitor that doesn't have that mouse ghosting, I mean is it even possible to have no ghosting at all like the drag effect when you hold and move tabs all around?