[SOLVED] Can I trust this thermal paste?

Mar 8, 2020
So my XFX RX 570 started to overheat due to dried out thermal paste (yes I am sure) and I am about to replace it but currently I got this thermal paste: View: https://imgur.com/a/QCDljHz

Is that thermal paste worth using 9n my precious GPU? Will it help my GPU run cooler? Is it safe?

I averaged about 65 C at the past with OC on my RX 570 but now I hit 78 C without an OC, Will this thermal paste make matters better or worse?

Solution
Its probably no better, maybe even worse then the stuff already on the 570. It also appears to be electrically conductive thermal paste so you need to make sure you dont put it anywhere where a short can happen. I would suggest buying a tube of something name brand like Noctua NT-H1, Arctic MX-4, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut etc

Unusually overheating GPUs can be fixed either with a cleaning of their heatsink with some canned air, or increase case air flow.
Its probably no better, maybe even worse then the stuff already on the 570. It also appears to be electrically conductive thermal paste so you need to make sure you dont put it anywhere where a short can happen. I would suggest buying a tube of something name brand like Noctua NT-H1, Arctic MX-4, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut etc

Unusually overheating GPUs can be fixed either with a cleaning of their heatsink with some canned air, or increase case air flow.

Solution
Mar 8, 2020

I tried increasing airflow, it didn't work, so I should open the GPU up and clean it and use a thermal paste like Noctua NT-H1 and it should be fine after that, right?