Can I trust this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2019
So I just activated windows 10 pro through this video: <Pirate video removed by moderator>

Cause I got scammed through kinguin and the key didnt work after 2 hours.. But this is like going through some private server.. Can I trust this? I mean I already did it and it works.. but I dont want someone RAT'ing me or something.. Damaging my PC. Anyone else with an experience here?

Solution
It is though. The key you bought, per what has been mentioned on toms many times, was illegally sourced or incorrectly licensed to begin with. Now, wether you knew or not is immaterial.

The onus is on you to buy a key from a legitimate seller. Kinguin, for instance, often fences keys that were purchased on stolen credit cards, or volume-license keys that are only intended (and lawful) to use by the entity that owns the volume license - they're not for resale not that this stops unethical companies like kinguin from selling them.

In the end, you have not paid for a legitimate license to win10, and that is piracy.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I would personally just leave it unactivated rather than doing whatever those commands are doing. I'm sure it is technically illegal, getting something that cost money for free usually is. The thosands of people that used this video and activated windows are all using the same key, how that is possible I don't know, must be something other than a retail or OEM key.

Jan 5, 2019

It's not pirated, I downloaded windows 10 through a key I bought, and it stopped working.. So I followed that video to activate it with a random key and it worked. Well I mean I recently bought a new key and it didnt work.. and can anyone tell me if this is any harm?

It is though. The key you bought, per what has been mentioned on toms many times, was illegally sourced or incorrectly licensed to begin with. Now, wether you knew or not is immaterial.

The onus is on you to buy a key from a legitimate seller. Kinguin, for instance, often fences keys that were purchased on stolen credit cards, or volume-license keys that are only intended (and lawful) to use by the entity that owns the volume license - they're not for resale not that this stops unethical companies like kinguin from selling them.

In the end, you have not paid for a legitimate license to win10, and that is piracy.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Don't you think it would've been a better idea to get your legit key working again? If it sopped working it was probably due to that update a while back. All you had to do was hit the troubleshoot button next to were it said windows not activated and it would have activated. Happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.