Question Can i turn off my cyberpower ups at night?

Jun 4, 2020
I just recently purchased two cyberpower ups and was unaware of how loud they beeped. They are older models and I am not sure there is anyway to disable the beeping CP825AVRG and CP685AVR.

the power in my area tends to flicker often and now my fears have shifted from my devices being randomly shut off to an apocalyptic alarm sounding in the middle of the night.

so I am wondering if it is bad for the ups to be shut off at night while sleeping? They will remain plugged in so I believe they should continue charging? Also they will be kept on at all times except for my 8 hours of sleep.

Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
I just recently purchased two cyberpower ups and was unaware of how loud they beeped. They are older models and I am not sure there is anyway to disable the beeping CP825AVRG and CP685AVR.

the power in my area tends to flicker often and now my fears have shifted from my devices being randomly shut off to an apocalyptic alarm sounding in the middle of the night.

so I am wondering if it is bad for the ups to be shut off at night while sleeping? They will remain plugged in so I believe they should continue charging? Also they will be kept on at all times except for my 8 hours of sleep.

Thanks!
I don't believe you will harm anything.

Jun 4, 2020
I don't believe you will harm anything.
Thank you for the quick reply! I was just a bit worried after doing some looking around and some people did say they were designed to be constantly ran. Realsticly though even if it did shorten the life span in any way I would still have to do it to avoid the BEEPS, I just wanted to make sure it wouldnt be drastic.