[SOLVED] can i turn up vram drom 1gb to 2gb?

SebastianOfLife

Commendable
Jul 6, 2020
i am planing to get a MB Asrock A320m-HDV with a ryzen 3 3200g, the thing is that i have seen gaming benchmark videos in wich they have same specs but the vram is 2gb, is there a way i could change that too? (from 1gb vram to 2 gb) it has 8 gb of ram on dual channel

thanks guys, much love.

Solution
but is it posible to do that even with the a320m-hdv, i have seen that in some videos you have to overclock to do that, could i increase the vram without overclocking the APU?
No, you don't need to overclocking. Just set the Vram, but they will decrease your RAM to 6GB.
Because that's how onboard graphic work, use the RAM as their Vram.
The setting should be left at bios default.

Even at 512mb it doesn't limit how much the 3200g can use, it simply sets a minimum limit.

If you set at 2gb in bios it'll take use able ram down to 6gb even if you're not using the igp for gaming.

The graphics can use up to 2gb of ram on the fly irregardless of that minimum setting.

Reactions: SebastianOfLife

SebastianOfLife

Commendable
Jul 6, 2020
The setting should be left at bios default.

Even at 512mb it doesn't limit how much the 3200g can use, it simply sets a minimum limit.

If you set at 2gb in bios it'll take use able ram down to 6gb even if you're not using the igp for gaming.

The graphics can use up to 2gb of ram on the fly irregardless of that minimum setting.

but is it posible to do that even with the a320m-hdv, i have seen that in some videos you have to overclock to do that, could i increase the vram without overclocking the APU?

No, you don't need to overclocking. Just set the Vram, but they will decrease your RAM to 6GB.
Because that's how onboard graphic work, use the RAM as their Vram.

Reactions: SebastianOfLife
Solution