Can I underclock my PC to make a terrible PC port run better?

CombustLemons

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Now while I don't do overclocking because I've had bad experiences in the past(See my post history) I want to under clock my CPU. Why do I want to do that? Well it all started when I bought Saints Row 2. Before I was a PC gamer so to speak I owned an Xbox 360. I played Saints Row 2 for countless hours and it was my favorite game. So I bought it on steams deep silver sale despite knowing its a terrible port. I figure my computer is beefy enough to run this.(980+i7 4790k). So I install it to my ssd to find that I have the bug/issue where it speeds up the game 1.5x faster if your CPU clock speed is higher than the 3.2ghz Xbox 360 clock speed. So I wanted to test under-clocking my cpu to 3.2Ghz and see if it made a difference. I am worried still that under-clocking could be dangerous because I may need to decrease voltage that wouldn't be used at a lower clockspeed. I have an Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97 Mobo. What do you guys think?

G

There are mods/patches to the game that can fix the 3.2ghz problem, i would try some of those, as underclocking will severely decrease performance.

TRENDING THREADS