Can i unistall my GPU (AMD 7450) without any integrated graphics ?

dodgerfan4eva

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
So im ordering my PSU and my RC 460 friday but im worried when i get the gpu and i uninstall my old card i'll get a black screen because my cpu doesn't have integrated graphics. amy tips would help great

Hello... I would suggest just removing the Power Supply from the Wall outlet, remove your Old card and install the NEW card... replace PS power... and try a Boot, and see how the BIO's and Windows respond... if your using a different monitor cable? set your Monitor input for that cable type.

Hello... without changing drivers/APPS or any other OS settings... Windows has a basic VGA driver it will default to, if it doesn't recognize the Video card ID. This is a "Fast Start" option, and eliminates the possibility of you deleting the wrong things... You can always plug the OLD card back in if you need too. But check first to see if the OS/MB/BIO's will use your NEW card with your OLD system, as a fast first try option. B /
I can plug 3 different GPU's into my MB and Windows is up and running with them... Windows uses/reads Hardware ID's to install the proper driver for them.

dodgerfan4eva

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
CPU AMD FX 6120
RAM 10GB
GPU AMD Radeon HD 7450
PSU is hp stock 300w replacing it with a Cossair CS 550W refurbished PSU
MB M3970AM-HP (Angelica2)

And i did the secure boot in the bios so installing the card in the MB shouldn't be a problem

Okay, so generally what you should do is remove the previous GPU drivers and then shut the system down. Install the new GPU into the system and boot the system up. Then install the new GPU drivers and usually that is all that you have to do.

What I do to make things a bit easier, is I download the newest drivers for the new GPU, before you uninstall the old ones. This allows you to update the drivers right after you get to the desktop for the first time.

It shouldn't go blank. If anything it should show up in a super low resolution, since it won't know what GPU you have installed. I think Windows will automatically install a generic graphics driver, so you can at least move around the OS to get things figured out :)

Which any standard ATX PSU should be fine, which should be about 80-90% of them out there (unless my calculations are wrong).
ATX standard size is:
L = 150mm (5.9")
D = 140mm (5.51")
H = 86 mm (3.38" or 3.4")

That is the main reason I don't buy pre-built PC's from HP/Dell/etc. I learned over the years that they don't always use standardized sized parts and they all used to use proprietary connectors to make it difficult to replace with parts from off the shelf parts.