[SOLVED] Can I update Realtek with a newer mobo's version? Win 10 Sound Crackling

csomagergo123

Commendable
Jan 5, 2018
Hello,

I just recently noticed that sounds are crackling in a certain pitch (usually high, like discord mute button sound) there, the audio crackles, as if my headphone was faulty.

My headphone is not faulty, its a HyperX Cloud Alpha, its 3 months old, and also the crackling is always the same at the same time, so it's definetly a software issue.

I have been using the Version 6.0.1.8382 2018/04/12 Realtek drive, and I would like to update, but the updating stopped on my motherboard. So its stuck at the Version 6.0.1.8666 2019/06/13 Windows store version. I had some bugs with a windows store version.

I was wondering if I could use the ASUS STRIX B550-f's audio drivers? They are updating Sonic studio etc with windows store there, and so I would finally update my drivers.

My specs (Copy paste from steam) :
CPU: Ryzen 1600X Running @3.925 GhZ (All air cooled)
RAM: HyperX Predator 2x 8GB 3000MhZ DDR4 (16GB)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce Edition
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-f
HDD: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm , Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm Samsung 500GB 5200rpm
SSD: KINGSTON 120GB SSDNow V300
M.2 SSD: Kingston KC2000 250GB
PSU: COOLERMASTER MWE Bronze 650W
CASE: PHANTEKS P400 Black-White Tempered Glass Edition
Display: Acer Nitro VG271P 144Hz IPS
Headset For Competitive: HyperX Cloud Alpha
Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero

Solution
Doubtful, but it's possible. All you can do really is try. Probably these are entirely different audio chipset versions from Realtek, however, I HAVE had success in some cases with using newer versions of Realtek and Intel chipset drivers, from newer versions of the same board model. For example, my Hero VIII motherboard was having problems with the Realtek drivers and the drivers from the Hero IX resolved the issue.

Will that work in every case, no, assuredly it will not. But if you try it and it doesn't work, you can always simply download the correct drivers for your motherboard from it's product page, which in reality is what you should be doing anyhow rather than trying to get the driver from any other source, including Realtek...
Doubtful, but it's possible. All you can do really is try. Probably these are entirely different audio chipset versions from Realtek, however, I HAVE had success in some cases with using newer versions of Realtek and Intel chipset drivers, from newer versions of the same board model. For example, my Hero VIII motherboard was having problems with the Realtek drivers and the drivers from the Hero IX resolved the issue.

Will that work in every case, no, assuredly it will not. But if you try it and it doesn't work, you can always simply download the correct drivers for your motherboard from it's product page, which in reality is what you should be doing anyhow rather than trying to get the driver from any other source, including Realtek themselves. Motherboard manufacturers add their own tweaks and customizations to the hardware, and Realtek is only really licensing the use of the hardware to them in any case so what Realtek or Microsoft offers is usually only a generic or universal type driver, compared to the specific implementation of the hardware on the motherboard for which the manufacturer drivers are specifically designed to work with. With Realtek though, it doesn't always work out that way and there are a goodly number of cases where there simply are no good solutions to the Realtek driver situation.

Solution

csomagergo123

Commendable
Jan 5, 2018

Will that work in every case, no, assuredly it will not. But if you try it and it doesn't work, you can always simply download the correct drivers for your motherboard from it's product page, which in reality is what you should be doing anyhow rather than trying to get the driver from any other source, including Realtek themselves. Motherboard manufacturers add their own tweaks and customizations to the hardware, and Realtek is only really licensing the use of the hardware to them in any case so what Realtek or Microsoft offers is usually only a generic or universal type driver, compared to the specific implementation of the hardware on the motherboard for which the manufacturer drivers are specifically designed to work with. With Realtek though, it doesn't always work out that way and there are a goodly number of cases where there simply are no good solutions to the Realtek driver situation.
Well I guess I'll go with a try, somehow after a storm hit my house today, and electricity went off 4 times in a row, the cracklings are gone, lol
Might have been a really bad windows start for some time.

Since the problem is gone now, I won't attempt it right now, but by the time the problem comes back, I might be able to just upgrade to 4600 anyways. :D

Thank you for the help!

Reactions: Darkbreeze

TRENDING THREADS