Can I upgrade a 10G D-recovery drive in my Dell Inspiron 530 under Windows Vista

Koji Yoda

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I am haunted by the "low D-Recovery drive memory" message constantly. About 9G is taken up by the factory installed Windows programs/files, leaving less than 1G for me for downloaded applications such as Adobe, Windows Office Suite. I cannot delete anything that came with the factory install, so I have to continually struggle to delete Adobe to make a room for Skipe, Picasa3, etc. I cannot even control where to download. Downloading goes straight to the D-recovery drive. There must be many folks out there suffering from this confounded problem. Can anyone help me exactly what to do. I tried to check a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade possibility by downloading the Upgrade Advisor. The findings were predictable. I was told that I only had 120M on D-recovery drive and I have to make room of about 10G. Thanks a lot. Again, guys, please help me get out of this dilemma.

Braindead-75

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Buy a new bigger hard drive, copy old drive to new in its own partition and make other partitions for storage.
When you download click browse and put it where you want.