Question Can I upgrade a dell 990 optiplex sff for fortnite

Jun 17, 2019
I bought a refurb dell 990 sff pc (specs below) thinking it would be powerful enough for my son to play fortnite but it needs a graphics card. Can anyone recommend a graphics card, power supply and whatever else is needed to upgrade? Thanks

Dell Optiplex 990 SFF PC, Intel Core i5 Processor, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, DVDRW, Keyboard & Mouse, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 10 Pro, 20in LCD Monitor (Renewed)

Jun 14, 2019
I bought a refurb dell 990 sff pc (specs below) thinking it would be powerful enough for my son to play fortnite but it needs a graphics card. Can anyone recommend a graphics card, power supply and whatever else is needed to upgrade? Thanks

Dell Optiplex 990 SFF PC, Intel Core i5 Processor, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, DVDRW, Keyboard & Mouse, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 10 Pro, 20in LCD Monitor (Renewed)
My old pc was an sff Lenovo computer, and when I upgraded I was faced with two options. Either find a low profile graphics card (I was recommended to look for a gtx 950, gtx 1050, or gtx 1030) and power supply that I think was micro atx, or get a new case that would fit a standard atx power supply and a normal sized graphics card. I found it cheaper to buy a used case, new power supply, and used rx 470 graphics card for around $100-150 through craigslist. I hope that helps.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald

You'll need 2 things. The half height low profile gpu, the best that can be is a gtx1050ti, and you'll need to replace the psu. 350-400w. The only add-in graphics cards that don't require a new psu are as bad as the integrated graphics, if not worse.
Sorry.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS