[SOLVED] Can i upgrade Intel graphics card on asus x555LAB?

Solution
It's me again :) Your X555LAB has an Intel HD Graphics 5500 integrated graphics.

That's an onboard chip on the motherboard and it cannot be removed or upgraded.

If you want a graphics card with that laptop you will have to buy an external GPU and at the prices the GPU's are at the moment it's not a good idea.
It's me again :) Your X555LAB has an Intel HD Graphics 5500 integrated graphics.

If you want a graphics card with that laptop you will have to buy an external GPU and at the prices the GPU's are at the moment it's not a good idea.

Reactions: S0uThKaLiFelan
Solution
Mar 8, 2021

I havent actually looked into prices but meaning its on board Id have to change the complete motherboard???

I havent actually looked into prices but meaning its on board Id have to change the complete motherboard???

Yes and changing the entire board is pretty much buying another laptop since another board won't fit.

External GPU in an enclosure is the only option you have to get more graphical power on your laptop.

And don't buy an external GPU. Their cost right now is the price of an entire laptop.

Reactions: S0uThKaLiFelan
Mar 8, 2021
Yes and changing the entire board is pretty much buying another laptop since another board won't fit.

External GPU in an enclosure is the only option you have to get more graphical power on your laptop.

And don't buy an external GPU. Their cost right now is the price of an entire laptop.
Thanks again. I do know a little about changing out parts just not about upgrading the un-upgradable, if you catch my drift.

Mar 8, 2021
Yeah laptop upgradability is always so so. Well I'm sorry I was the bearer of bad news for you today. You want to upgrade your laptop and it's like you can't except for 4GB of RAM.
I can afford a brand new desktop or laptop up to say maybe $500 but why would i want to when i can do some upgrades? What do you think in part with spending 5 bills on new or 5 bills in upgrades? And thanks again for the response.

Jan 5, 2021
I can afford a brand new desktop or laptop up to say maybe $500 but why would i want to when i can do some upgrades? What do you think in part with spending 5 bills on new or 5 bills in upgrades? And thanks again for the response.
I would sell your laptop but b4 u do see if u can afford a entry level build as if u want to game integrated graphics are not the best route and if u get a minimum of 100 dollars as your worst case scenario, you will still have a decent amount of cash for a decent amount of gaming at 1080p

I would sell your laptop but b4 u do see if u can afford a entry level build as if u want to game integrated graphics are not the best route and if u get a minimum of 100 dollars as your worst case scenario, you will still have a decent amount of cash for a decent amount of gaming at 1080p
2 month old thread which the OP probably never looked again. There is no use to add anything to this.