[SOLVED] Can I upgrade my G71V to Win 10?

Alexoferith

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
I got a 2nd hand ASUS G71V. Can I upgrade it to Win 10? Well, I already tried. I installed Win 10 Pro 64 bit without hickup but I have a lot of yellow exclaimation marks in Hardware Manager. It is quite obvious that I need the motherboard driver and card reader driver, etc. But on ASUS website there are only drivers for Win 7 to download. I couldn't get the Win 8 driver as it requires log in. Any suggestion is most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Solution
Looks like the last supported operating system is 7, Windows 8 only has two available downloads.

Only way to get the drivers installed would be to go through each device one by one and try to find the drivers for it from the vendor website for the hardware. You can find the model in Device Manager in the device ID.
Looks like the last supported operating system is 7, Windows 8 only has two available downloads.

Only way to get the drivers installed would be to go through each device one by one and try to find the drivers for it from the vendor website for the hardware. You can find the model in Device Manager in the device ID.

Solution

Alexoferith

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013

Thank you very much. Wow, totally forgot about that one. Thanks.