Can I upgrade my GPU on Lenovo Y510p?

zeldapkmn

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Hi, I was wondering whether I can upgrade my GPU on my laptop, to any graphics card better than my current one. I want to play Watch Dogs on ultra.

Lenovo Y510p
Nvidia Geforce Dual 750M's SLI

Solution
In this case yes, though it will require a lot of money and the complete disassembly of the laptop. Both cards are in the MXM format which are modular. However, there are limitations.

You must find out the TDP (Wattage) of the component you are replacing, that is the maximum you will be able to install. So don't expect to be able to drop in Dual 780m or something.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
In this case yes, though it will require a lot of money and the complete disassembly of the laptop. Both cards are in the MXM format which are modular. However, there are limitations.

You must find out the TDP (Wattage) of the component you are replacing, that is the maximum you will be able to install. So don't expect to be able to drop in Dual 780m or something.

Solution

zeldapkmn

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Eh, I might as well just stick with my original dual 750M's on SLI and play Watch Dogs on high, or just get it on my PS4, instead of disassembling my entire laptop. Thanks for helping anyways.