[SOLVED] Can i upgrade my graphic card?

Rodoux

Reputable
Nov 21, 2020
Hi, im new to the pc gaming and i have been trying to investigate but im very confused.
I have a hp pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx and i would like to upgrade my graphic card. My specs are:
Motherboard HP 85FC
Proccesor: Intel Core i5-9300H
Graphic card: GTX 1650

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Laptop's now, will not allow you to upgrade the GPU on them, you're stuck with the GTX1650 for your platform. If you want a higher tier GPU, you're going to need a new laptop. Another workaround to the GPU upgrade is to get an external GPU dock but that would require a Thunderbolt port.

Lutfij

Titan

Laptop's now, will not allow you to upgrade the GPU on them, you're stuck with the GTX1650 for your platform. If you want a higher tier GPU, you're going to need a new laptop. Another workaround to the GPU upgrade is to get an external GPU dock but that would require a Thunderbolt port.

Reactions: Rodoux
Solution

Rodoux

Reputable
Nov 21, 2020

Ty for the welcome.

I see, researching i see my laptop doesnt have a thunderbolt port which means that im stuck with it unless i get a new laptop/pc, i wanted it join on VR and play Cyberpunk smoother, anyways thank you for the help, i didnt know about thunderbolt ports and about being unable to upgrade graphic cards on laptop.