Can I upgrade my graphics memory

Sep 10, 2018
I have HP pavilion sleekbook 15,Intel HD graphics and Intel pentium(R) 987 1.50ghz processor,4gb ram,windows 10 pro 64bit,
If I upgrade my ram into 8gb will my graphics memory will increase or not?
My current graphics memory is 1667mb and dedicated video memory is 32mb.

Solution
With integrated graphics you sometimes have options in the bios of how much you wish to dedicate to the graphics from your system ram. Check the options there, as increasing the system ram alone may not change this.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
Ram and Dram are 2 whole different things. when u upgrade your ram, ur Dram of your graphics cards will still stay the same. so if you want to upgrade your RAM and graphics card RAM(DRAM). you need to upgrade your RAM and Graphics card. but since you talking about a laptop/sleek pc, you can forget to upgrade your Graphics to a let's say a gtx 1050 ti or something else.

So conclusion: no, it won't upgrade both

laptops, minus a very few exceptions, are not easily upgradeable.

apart from ram and hdd they are "as-is" forever.

intelHD are integrated graphics. they can not be made larger. they have a cap.

no matter if you had all the RAM in the world it would remain untouched in graphic ram.

also to post above... that is NOT true.

You CAN add an external GPU to a laptop.
But they are NOT cheap and definitely not compact.

Basically its a GPU dock that connects to your laptop (given the varied connectors not all could be used with them) afaik cheapest one is aroudn the $200 mark..and that is without the GPU card itself.

(recently saw one that came with a 1070 and it was together aroudn $600)

and at the price its likely to be better just to upgrade the entire laptop to a mroe modern one as it will come with a better integrated graphics

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017

i was talking about upgrading a GPU inside the sleekbook, of course you can just buy an external GPU, but not recommended to do, as it cost more than you buy an new laptop with a good graphics cards already inside and secondly. to bring your GPU outside the laptop everywhere you go is not ideal.

feew laptops CAN upgrade GPU.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/successful-mxm-gpu-upgraded-laptops.805136/
list is short and you can change X to Y and no further, bios will cry, drivers will moan, but sometimes it works.
in NEWER generations (and few exceptions from older) you CAN use external GPU. you need ~100$ external stand + card.
it will not behave as well as desktop OR internal GPU, but its working.
read more:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html