[SOLVED] can i upgrade my laptop cpu i3 3110m to i5 3380m ?

Jan 6, 2021
Hi, I own a Samsung notebook NP270E5V

I am thinking of upgrading the processor from( i3 3110m ) to ( i5 3380m ) can i upgrade?

Solution
If your current cpu is not socketed, then no way.

If it is, then there is a chance as these are from the same generation, but will require chipset and more importantly bios support.

I can't find any evidence of anyone upgrading this laptop, so I don't know if it's possible or not.

If it is, then there is a chance as these are from the same generation, but will require chipset and more importantly bios support.

I can't find any evidence of anyone upgrading this laptop, so I don't know if it's possible or not.

Reactions: Senpai7x
Solution
Jan 6, 2021

Is there a way to know if the BIOS is compatible? Before I burn the laptop?

Jan 6, 2021

Thank you. I just found out that the laptop processor is connected to the motherboard, and I cannot change it anyway. I was thinking of burning it