[SOLVED] Can I upgrade my laptop WiFi card to an AX200 ?

ZuesAlmighty265

Commendable
Aug 14, 2019
I've got an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming series running an i5-7300 and an AC3165 WiFi card. I know that the physical connection on the 3165 and the A200 cards are identical. The question I have is would my laptop even recognize the new card? Would I need to pre-download the drivers? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
I've got an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming series running an I-5 7300 and an AC3165. I know that the physical connection on the ax200 and the 3165 are identical. The question I have is would my laptop even recognize the new card? Would I need to predownload the drivers? Any help is appreciated.
if most of the things are identical with only the chip itself the difference (AX200), then you're good to go, also remember if that module have bluetooth too if the previous one had it. drivers should install automatically but it's best to find the drivers first and download it so that when you're done replacing things, you could just install the driver and you're good to go.
I've got an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming series running an I-5 7300 and an AC3165. I know that the physical connection on the ax200 and the 3165 are identical. The question I have is would my laptop even recognize the new card? Would I need to predownload the drivers? Any help is appreciated.
if most of the things are identical with only the chip itself the difference (AX200), then you're good to go, also remember if that module have bluetooth too if the previous one had it. drivers should install automatically but it's best to find the drivers first and download it so that when you're done replacing things, you could just install the driver and you're good to go.

Solution
If the wifi is the only way you have to get network access I would download the drivers onto the machine before you swap cards. I would not install it just download it. Windows has default drivers that might work but I never trust the drivers microsoft has been distributing. Make sure you find the option to disable windows update of your drivers.

In general if the card fits it will work.

I would consider a AX210 instead. These seem to have become easily available lately and surprising they cost almost the same as the ax200. The ax210 is the newest wifi6e technology.