Can I upgrade the components inside my Lenovo Y720 Cube?

Nov 1, 2018
Hey everyone,
I've recently had a problem where my Y720 Cube just die on me. With the meaning of die I mean that it completely went off and when I tried to start it again, it starts but then nothing on my monitor pops up, neither does my peripherals work. (Yes, I have tested my monitor and peripherals on a different PC and they were working perfectly).

So if someone has a way to fix this, just leave a suggestion below.

Because if I don't get it fixed then I'll try to get new parts for the PC but it's hard to know what went wrong when nothing pops up on my monitor.

So, I wanna know the dimensions inside one of these Y720's so I know which sizes to get if I order new parts for it.

Anyways, thanks in advanced.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks to be a fairly standard Mini-ITX system. You'll want to stick with lower profile CPU coolers since there isn't much more height then the typical width of a PCIe expansion card.

GPU wise, looks like standard 10.5" length dual slot GPUs will work in there.

Hard to say, but it doesn't sound like you have tried any troubleshooting. Sounds like the power supply is still supplying something, doesn't mean it isn't broken though. A simple check with a voltmeter could tell you if 3.3V, 5V, and 12V are still being provided.

First thing I would do after that is remove the GPU and see if it will boot off the integrated graphics.

Then further disassembly, remove all but the most essential components. Power supply, CPU, Motherboard, and a single memory stick. Unplug everything else, both data and power, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, and you don't have parts available for testing, then you have narrowed it down to CPU, Motherboard, or Memory.