Can I upgrade to a brighter laptop screen?

Apr 6, 2020
I recently bought an HP 14-dq1033cl (10th gen core i3, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD) and it comes with a 1080p IPS display panel. It all looks awesome on paper and I've added another 4GB stick and thrown in a spare 256GB SSD to make it a little more practical but the screen brightness is quite low. I tried to mess with all the power saver settings and it turns out it's just how the display is (190 nits I found out from a little research). So can I upgrade the screen panel for brightness? I want to keep the the resolution and IPS specs but just get a brighter panel. Or...would it be that the brightness would be the same no matter what panel I put in? And how would I go about finding a brighter panel or looking that up in the specs? Most panels I've tried to find just say that it's compatible and that it has 1080p resolution and it might say TN or IPS. I usually can't see any specs for brightness though. Help finding such panel would be much appreciated. I'd love to be able to get around 300 nits or a bit more if I could... 400 would be incredible but I'm thinking that would be unlikely. Thanks in advance!!

-Try to turn adaptive brightness to off, first choose high performance from power options => change plan settings => advanced settings

-Do you have nvidia control panel ? try modify brightness from there

- Have you already tried to change color settings? 2nd click on desktop and pick graphics properties or display properties and go from there