Question Can i upgrade to windows 10 after this?..

alihamad2003

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
So i had a problem with my pc regarding the network and and stuff.I decided to downgrade to windows 7. Turns out the problem was gone but after some research it was something with my network. My question is,can i go back to windows 10 pro?

Here are some info you can take into note:

_ My pc is originally windows 7 with the license key idk what( i have the sticker on my pc)

_ Remember the first year when windows 10 came out?you had an option to upgrade to it,so i did

_ Did i get a windows 10 key when i did that upgrade?where can i find it ? (if there is)

Also i feel like windows 10 has many more options and facilities now than win 7 does

D

Deleted member 14196

Even if you didn’t get a key you can install windows 10 and use it for free for as long as you like. You just won’t be able to change your background wallpaper and a few other small things that don’t really matter. That way you can upgrade now no matter what and enjoy windows 10 and buy a license when you can afford it

So i had a problem with my pc regarding the network and and stuff.I decided to downgrade to windows 7. Turns out the problem was gone but after some research it was something with my network. My question is,can i go back to windows 10 pro?

Here are some info you can take into note:

_ My pc is originally windows 7 with the license key idk what( i have the sticker on my pc)

_ Remember the first year when windows 10 came out?you had an option to upgrade to it,so i did

_ Did i get a windows 10 key when i did that upgrade?where can i find it ? (if there is)

Also i feel like windows 10 has many more options and facilities now than win 7 does
If your W10 was installed and activated on your MB (only part that matters) then you shouldn't have a problem reinstalling it and activating it automatically as soon as it's connected to internet and it contacts MS server.
If you do a clean install, just click on "I don't have a key" when it asks you.
PS:
Have to use same W10 version as you already had, x86/x64, Pro or home.

alihamad2003

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
If your W10 was installed and activated on your MB (only part that matters) then you shouldn't have a problem reinstalling it and activating it automatically as soon as it's connected to internet and it contacts MS server.
If you do a clean install, just click on "I don't have a key" when it asks you.
PS:
Have to use same W10 version as you already had, x86/x64, Pro or home.
I had a 64 bit pro win 10 back when i upgraded for free, but waht do you mean by 'The same MB'. Plus check what the other guy in my thread said,is it right?

D

Deleted member 14196

Yes what I said is right. But you may have a key already associated with your hardware as mentioned above so do the clean install and just tell her you don’t have a key. Either way you should be OK

alihamad2003

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
Even if you didn’t get a key you can install windows 10 and use it for free for as long as you like. You just won’t be able to change your background wallpaper and a few other small things that don’t really matter. That way you can upgrade now no matter what and enjoy windows 10 and buy a license when you can afford it
I dont want to buy a license thats the thing. I said i upgraded for free when i had all the facilities on win 10 and i want to do the same thing when i go back to win 10 now.Is that possible?

alihamad2003

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
Yes what I said is right. But you may have a key already associated with your hardware as mentioned above so do the clean install and just tell her you don’t have a key
Yes what I said is right. But you may have a key already associated with your hardware as mentioned above so do the clean install and just tell her you don’t have a key. Either way you should be OK
So will i get the normal win 10 pro ?(as if i bought it)

Yes, license/activation of W10 is tied to motherboard and stored on MS server. Just use MCT ( Media Creation Tool) from Microsoft and download and install latest W10 to a USB drive. If you ave any windows working, just start Setup.exe from it and click on "I don't have key" or insert W7 key if you have it.

Reactions: alihamad2003