can i uprage from pentium 4 3.0 ghz to pentium D 3.4ghz 945 i heave 0KF623 mobo help

It seems to support a Pentium D, but I couldn't find anything about what thermal limits it has, if any. I think you should be fine.

That being said, the Pentium D is so old, and will be pricy because it's rare now, that you might well be better off going with new parts.

At less than $10 on eBay, the D945 is affordable.

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
You can buy a motherboard from a Dell optiplex 755 which will support any core 2 cpu including quad cores on ebay for under $20. Depending on your current case/system, it could be a reasonable upgrade for DIRT CHEAP. You can use the same ram and a decent Core 2 duo can be had for under $10. I have upgraded about a dozen old Dells this exact way. Let me know what model your current computer and I will tell you every part you will have to buy.

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
The Dell Dimension 5120 will run a pentium D. However, It is also upgradeable to a Core 2 Duo for about $40. If you want a Pentium D, I will send you one for postage. I have them laying all over the place.

Ardit Jahaj

Reputable
May 3, 2014

thnx you helped me a lot i will install it mondey becouse i should buy thermal paste :D <3

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

Those exact Pentiums D's are a dime a dozen on eBay.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

The 510 is what I popped the Pentium D 3.4 GHz in. He must make sure he has installed the last bios update or the computer won't post.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

I did the same upgrade in the same machine. The Pentium D even though it is a dual core gets trounced by real Core 2 Duo's. Don't expect much in the way of improvement.