khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
so... I have a low end xeon that can pushes the gtx 1650 super, but not higher end cards, so instead of buying 1 higher end card I would like to know, if it is possible to use 2 gtx 1650 super for rendering? like both working at the same time? I have seem a few rendering videos where 2 gpus calculates at the same time a scene in blender, and would like to know if it is possible on any motherboard or there is a specific card or something, as I was planning to buy a second gtx 1650 super just to make render times faster since my mobo supports 2*x16 pci-e 3.0. any help is appreciated

PS: not planning on SLI or anything, just render really.

Last edited:
Solution
Oh for rendering it should work just fine.
IMHO just get one of these

SHOOT I WAS WRONG IN THE LINK I PROVIDED BRB with a proper option.

After review used options, forget it a 3060ti might be a good option if you can find it at MSRP

I found some older k80 quadro cards that would certainly outperform two 1650 supers for cheaper but going that old would be a mistake.

Here is a decent used option for cheaper than you'll find a 3060ti

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185026338924?epid=242683995&hash=item2b146de06c:g:mXUAAOSwCCdhLUPM

this could be a good option for you if the only concern is getting the job done quickly for a half decent price in accordance with the current poor market.

khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
Just get a better card, not being able to handle the graphics card won't really apply if you are not gaming. as you have pcie 3 slots, that means you have an ivy bridge or newer.

does the cpu not impact in gpu perfomance when rendering? I mean, I could go rtx 3060 ti, but idk if the cpu will impact the perfomance, cpu is dual e5 2670 v3 with 4x16gb ddr4 2133mhz

Last edited:
Oh for rendering it should work just fine.
IMHO just get one of these

SHOOT I WAS WRONG IN THE LINK I PROVIDED BRB with a proper option.

After review used options, forget it a 3060ti might be a good option if you can find it at MSRP

I found some older k80 quadro cards that would certainly outperform two 1650 supers for cheaper but going that old would be a mistake.

Here is a decent used option for cheaper than you'll find a 3060ti

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185026338924?epid=242683995&hash=item2b146de06c:g:mXUAAOSwCCdhLUPM

this could be a good option for you if the only concern is getting the job done quickly for a half decent price in accordance with the current poor market.

Last edited:
Solution