Can I use 4GB DDR2 Single RAM stick For my BIOSTAR N68S+ Ver6.2 AMD Motherboard..?

Oct 14, 2018
I'm purchased new motherboard ( BIOSTAR N68S+ Ver 6.2 AMD motherboard), now I'm using DDR2 2gb+1gb=3gb RAM and AMD Athlon 3.4ghz, but I need upgrading to at least 6GB RAM, So my motherboard have only two RAM slots, But my doubt is can i use DDR2 4GB single RAM stick for my motherboard.?, And where I buy that DDR2 4GB RAM(like AliExpress or others), please help me, please

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to ensure that the board is on the latest BIOS. I would advise against mixing and matching two sticks of mismatched rams. In fact your board supports up to 8GB of ram, why not just pick up a 2x4GB DDR2-800MHz ram kit?

For starters, you need to be running a 64bit operating software - if you want 4Gb+
Ram can be strange and may or may not work, but DDR2 was a lot easier to mix together than some of the latest ram (ddr4)

This system is very very old and what are you planning on doing with this system, because it can't do that much.