[SOLVED] Can I use 6 pin connector on an 8 pin connector GPU?

Solution
No you can't it requires an 8-pin cable to properly power it and adapter are a bad idea(especially with that PSU). You really need a better PSU the one you have now is garbage quality, by current standards it's not even a 400w PSU it is only rated for 360w on the 12v rails.

bignastyid

Titan
No you can't it requires an 8-pin cable to properly power it and adapter are a bad idea(especially with that PSU). You really need a better PSU the one you have now is garbage quality, by current standards it's not even a 400w PSU it is only rated for 360w on the 12v rails.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
Concur with the others. Almost without exception, a power supply missing an eight-pin connector is missing one for a very good reason. Having an eight-pin connector is no guarantee of a quality PSU, but missing one is almost always a junk PSU.

This is a very low-end PSU and while I would not be happy running a GPU that doesn't need supplemental power, I absolutely would not use this PSU on anything that does.

Ans_1

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Thank you all for answer to this post. I will conclude this post by saying that I need to buy a newer PSU for my GPU. Thank you all once again for your support.