[SOLVED] Can I use a 144hz monitor with a 60hz monitor, while connecting them with different cables?

Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone! I have a quick question regarding a future purchase I will be making.

So right now, I have a 60 Hz monitor, and I plan to buy a 144 hz one, and readjust my set up so that the 60 hz is my second monitor and my 144 hz is my main one.

It seems like I should be able to do this, and maybe have to bump down my 144 hz to 120 hz to fix issues with lagginess.

But I have a GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC edition, which has 2 DVI-D Dual Link ports, 1 HDMI port, and 1 DisplayPort. I plan to use the DisplayPort on the 144 hz and the HDMI on the 60 Hz monitor. Is there a problem with using different cables for different monitors in a dual set-up? And while I'm asking, are there any problems otherwise with this plan?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to your answers

Solution
There is zero issue with that setup.

I use a 1440p, 144hz monitor as my primary connected with DP and a 1080p, 60hz secondary monitor connected with HDMI and I have no issues. I do not have to decrease the refresh rate on my 1440p monitor.