• Enter here for a chance to win a custom MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries themed PC powered by Intel!

[SOLVED] Can I use a 144hz monitor with my motherboard I would be buying- MSI H410M Pro VH?

Feb 19, 2021
I want to buy the mother board for using it with i3 10100f and GTX 1650Super pair, and I also want to buy a 144hz monitor. Would I be able to use the monitor at 144hz?

Feb 19, 2021
it can likely run monitor at 144hz but it won't be getting that in games, depends on your settings

you didn't mention size of monitor and what resolution
I would be buying a 1080p 144hz monitor and want to play games like rocket league and GTA V. I saw in YouTube that my build would get 144hz easily in case of rocket league and would do it for GTA V if on medium settings.
But I then saw in the motherboard's page that it was saying about some resolution and the FPS it would give at that resolution. Not sure what it meant but I thought that it was if I use the integrated graphics buy I was still confused of what would happen if I buy 1650super

Feb 19, 2021
it can likely run monitor at 144hz but it won't be getting that in games, depends on your settings

you didn't mention size of monitor and what resolution
And other things I want to know is that would I get 144hz experience even in normal windows operations (like scrolling)?

Feb 19, 2021
The motherboard specs regarding to resolution are only referencing its interface if you use integrated graphics. Outside of that, the GPU (and monitor!) pretty much determine what resolutions/hz are available.
I know that my question is dumb but I just want confirmation that would I then get to see 144hz(and not 60hz) in the 144hz monitor if I use a dedicated GPU like 1650 super?
I know that my build cannot get 144fps in games very well but would I get 144hz DISPLAY in any low demanding game like rocket league?

ASK THE COMMUNITY