[SOLVED] Can I use a GTX 1050 in a G41D3C Motherboard?

isaacem

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I have an Intel Q9550 CPU, 8GB of RAM (DDR3) and I was wondering if I could actually be able to buy a card like this... or the 1050Ti, since it's hard to find the 1050.

I currently have a GT 730, and that's it, but after quite a while (3 years) I have been thinking of upgrading, especially this Christmas, do you guys think it would work? I might buy another computer out of scratch next year, so this is in the meantime, as I still need to save money.

My PSU is iMicro IM400W, ask me anything else if i'm missing something.

P.S: I'm not sure if I should buy this, or the RX 560, as it seems that both have a similar price, while the RX offers a better performance, but I don't know if my PSU is powerful enough, or should I get a 1050Ti, could you guys guide me with that?

Thanks!

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the GTX 1050 or the 1050 Ti will work fine with that board. I recently sold my aging GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-S2PT with a GTX 1050 Ti in it. That board should handle just about any Nvidia card. If you're concerned about the PCIe version, don't be. Cards will default to the PCIe version (speed) of your board.

The GTX 1650 or 1650 Super will work too, and be faster yet. Unfortunately your Q9550 won't keep up. But if you have plans for a system upgrade in the near future, the card will be available.

Reactions: isaacem

TRENDING THREADS