[SOLVED] Can I Use a GTX and an RTX at the same time?

RyanSchleicher

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
I have been looking at the benefits of having two graphics cards, but I currently have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080. I was wanting to get an Nvidia RTX graphics card, but I don't know if they are compatible and I also don't know what method I should use to bridge them.

Solution
You cannot bridge them. There is 1 scenario using DX12 where it’s possible to utilise the performance of 2 different cards but I believe no more than 1-2 games support it. One of those games AotS the benefits of this were awful, the boost in performance was poor and I’ve not seen a review of the other game. Multi card setups are just not a good idea in modern setups due to poor/dying support.
You cannot bridge them. There is 1 scenario using DX12 where it’s possible to utilise the performance of 2 different cards but I believe no more than 1-2 games support it. One of those games AotS the benefits of this were awful, the boost in performance was poor and I’ve not seen a review of the other game. Multi card setups are just not a good idea in modern setups due to poor/dying support.

Reactions: RyanSchleicher
Solution

TRENDING THREADS