[SOLVED] Can I use a molex to 6pin for 25 watts?

s_.deways

Prominent
Mar 27, 2020
The motherboarrd will supply 75 watts and a 1650 super at its peak (100% load) will draw 100 watts. Can I use a molex to 6pin to make up for the deficit?

Solution
It's why you use the PCIe 6 or 8 pin plug. If your PSU is so garbage that it doesn't have such a basic plug, you replace the PSU. You don't use an adapter and force it to power something it wasn't designed to handle. It's a 100W card. Any PSU in use should be able to handle that WITHOUT adapters.

4745454b

Titan
It's why you use the PCIe 6 or 8 pin plug. If your PSU is so garbage that it doesn't have such a basic plug, you replace the PSU. You don't use an adapter and force it to power something it wasn't designed to handle. It's a 100W card. Any PSU in use should be able to handle that WITHOUT adapters.

Solution

s_.deways

Prominent
Mar 27, 2020
Thanks for the advice. I will remember this moment

TRENDING THREADS